[stylist] Poem - "Magician"

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Wed Apr 23 14:05:02 UTC 2014

Hey Bill,

I wanted to acknowledge your poem, as I don't believe anyone else has yet.
I've read it, let it sit, reread it, and reread it again. I think this is
probably one of those poems that has great meaning to you, but I'm simply
too dull to get much from it. I like the words, and the phrasing, and while
I'm sure it means something, I'm just not close enough to see it. Perhaps
the poem is symbolic of something you (the poet) used to be able to do, with
your blazing words, but the people just don't react the same any more. Does
that make me one of your drunken onlookers? If so, that's a role I'm used to
playing.

Thanks for sharing.

chris