[stylist] Good News

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Dec 17 10:28:20 UTC 2014

That is good news!  Congratulations!

Julie
http://www.falling-up.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Miss Thea via stylist
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:08 PM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org
Subject: [stylist] Good News

Hi, all.
Remember the Onkyo World Braille contest, way back when?
I submitted an essay, didn’t hear anything back, and figured, that’s that. C’est
la guerre.
Till today, when I opened my inbox to discover I’m a winner, that my essay
was chosen as a winner for the American-Caribbean region.
I think there are a couple others similarly honored; I don’t remember how
many third prizes there are, but I’m happy to be one of them.
$500 and other prizes not known to me at this time.
In other news, I’m writing essays for a lady who is collecting essays, so
although I won’t get paid for these, I’ll see my name in print.
It’s a nice shot in the arm for someone who’s been really depressed and
unmotivated.
We’re all smiles here.
Thea
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/stylist_nfbnet.org/julielj%40neb.rr.com