[stylist] Christmas poem

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 14:25:34 UTC 2014

Hey Shawn,

We're probably around the same age, and my feelings about Christmas and our
house are in sync. So I related to your poem. Two things did jump out at me,
though. Is the line: The word "gay" still has its hallowed meaning here. --
really necessary?  It took me out of the mood of the poem, and I think it
reads fine without it. Secondly, there's the line where you say 'summons
forth' twice in the same line, which struck me as repetitious. It  might be
what you were going for, but the editor in me wants to change one.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, and thanks for sharing.

Chris