[stylist] My New Book

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:51:31 UTC 2014

It's very true. And most of us have come across literary characters who
are less than positive examples of blindness, so why not combat it by
writing our own strong, independent blind characters? Writing in any
form is a potentially great tool for change. When you look at history,
it's not politicians or their legislation that has made the most change,
but it is the artistic community who have organized and used their
talents to create change. The Civil Rights movement, LBGT issues,
feminism... The deepest change has occurred through art, theatre, music,
dance and yes, writing. So why can't the disabled community do the same?

Bridgit