[stylist] New Book, blindness on TV

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Wed Feb 12 13:47:09 UTC 2014

Donna,

I'm generally skeptical by nature, but I really hope they do a good job with
this show. It's exactly what we've been talking about here--an opportunity
to crush the stupid stereotypes and let the public see a guy who is
interesting, and just happens to be blind. If it does a good job, and if the
public enjoys it, it could open the door to more blind characters in the
arts. Personally, I feel certain that the reason books like yours and mine
aren't getting read by agents and traditional publishers is because we have
blind protagonists. An agent, or more likely, an agent's assistant reads my
query and thinks--a blind protagonist? Nobody is going to buy that. It's too
outside mainstream experience.

Hopefully, the times, they are a changing.

chris