[stylist] New Book, blindness on TV

Applebutter Hill applebutterhill at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 20:48:36 UTC 2014

Jim,
I keep pushing it further into the bio. It's surprising how little people
actually read. For instance, in my Linked In and university campaigns, I'm
forever getting e-mails asking if the book is available in print. Near the
end of my letters, I mention that information about availability is below,
and I even use a heading to make it stand out, but so many people don't seem
to look or comprehend, not sure which.

If I removed all references to blindness from my bio, well I just don't
think I can do that. I suppose I could still mention being published in
Behind Our Eyes: a second look or the Braille Monitor, and let them wonder,
but I just  can't bring myself to do it. Being the first legally blind child
mainstreamed in our local public school is such a part of who I am and who I
am not that it just doesn't feel right. I have made an effort to reduce the
word count about it though.

I think my hubby would like me to drop it all. If they don't know I'm a
blind writer, then they have to assume a sighted writer wrote this stuff,
which might make it more palletable.
Donna