[stylist] FW: disability magazines

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Fri Jan 31 20:46:17 UTC 2014

The Ziegler is dead.

And while everyone is free to submit anywhere they like, I personally
couldn't recommend Dialogue. For years I was a contributor and subscriber
when it was edited by Carol McCarl and then Karen Lynn Thomas. In 2009, I
believe, B.T. Kimbrough took over, and the tone of the magazine changed.
When they published a short story by a sighted person about how tragic
vision loss was, I wrote a letter to the editor (which they published, I
have to credit them for that) voicing my dismay and cancelled my
subscription. I realize there are plenty of blind people out there who
embrace the pity pot, but I'm not one of them.

chris