[stylist] FW: disability magazines

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 22:04:33 UTC 2014

Hi,
oh already. thanks for letting me know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Kuell
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:46 PM
To: Writer's Division Mailing List
Subject: Re: [stylist] FW: disability magazines

The Ziegler is dead.

And while everyone is free to submit anywhere they like, I personally
couldn't recommend Dialogue. For years I was a contributor and subscriber
when it was edited by Carol McCarl and then Karen Lynn Thomas. In 2009, I
believe, B.T. Kimbrough took over, and the tone of the magazine changed.
When they published a short story by a sighted person about how tragic
vision loss was, I wrote a letter to the editor (which they published, I
have to credit them for that) voicing my dismay and cancelled my
subscription. I realize there are plenty of blind people out there who
embrace the pity pot, but I'm not one of them.

chris