[stylist] New to the List and Looking for Guidance on a Project

Applebutter Hill applebutterhill at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 00:49:44 UTC 2014

Hi Tina,
Sounds like a really cool project. I love castles. My suggestion, which
you've probably already thought of, is to Google known castles like Windsor
Castle, Versailles etc. I would bet they have websites with some narrative
descriptions of the facility and its history that would give you something
to work with. I'd also try "Castles of the world."

When I was working on my novel The Heart of Applebutter Hill, I wanted to
have a scene inside Westminster Abbey, and I got a lot of info out of their
website. I didn't have the need to completely describe it though, because
the scene actually takes place in a virtual reality classroom..

I also have a castle in the book (the Castle of Bar Gundoom), which I made
up based on my collective impressions of castles from literature. There's a
French-style palace in northeastern Pennsylvania that we visited often, and
I incorporated some features from it, though on a grander scale.

Let us know how the project works out. It really sounds neat.
Donna