[stylist] Poem - "Hiroshima" - (sonnet)

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Tue Jun 17 14:32:14 UTC 2014

Bill

I happened to like the poem it makes you think.

Probably can't review such a poem without pondering the politics (which were complex).  I suspect that the Chinese (another people with an ancient mind) would have a different take on Japan (having endured occupation).  I don't think its easy (or maybe even possible) to sort the good guys out from the villains in the aftermath of war.  War leaves us all victims and all villains.  And then, the victors write the history (so who can ever get an objective picture of such things)?

I'm currently reading "War and Peace" and the whole complex issue of war is handled well there.  I think the "war" part of the book is better than the "peace" part; but that's just probably my taste in such things.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Shawn