[stylist] smash words - cover art?

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Thu Mar 6 13:43:06 UTC 2014

Donna and/or Phyllis are probably the ones to answer my question, but I thought the group may benefit as well.

I'm considering self-publishing my novel, and smashwords does seem to offer the best option--meaning making the book available in many formats for all devices. I have a couple artist friends who would be willing to do my cover artwork. How do you load the cover art? Do they take a picture and you load it as a jpg file? Can you crop the picture once it's loaded?

Thanks,

chris