[stylist] JAWS and Our Craft

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Mar 14 13:29:28 UTC 2014

In checking my finished product for punctuation or font weirdness's, I first
use Word's spell check with the grammar feature on. Then I next use the text
analyzer that comes with JAWS (found within the quick settings menu that you
turn on by pressing JAWS-key [insert] and the letter v). And this text
analyzer is a way to catch changes that Words checkers cant; the change in
font at what point in the line, or that there is an opening parin but no
closing parin, or a piece of other punctuation standing alone (like a comma
with a space before and after it), and more.

Robert Leslie Newman
Personal Website-
http://www.thoughtprovoker.info
NFB Writers' Division, President
Division Website-
http://writers.nfb.org
Chair, NFB Communications Committee
Nebraska Senior Division, vice President
Omaha Chapter, First Vice President
Commissioner, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired