[stylist] Bridgit - untitled

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Fri Mar 14 14:57:42 UTC 2014

Hey Bridgit,

Firstly, thanks for your critique of my Becky piece. I probably won't do
anything more with it, but you never know.

I enjoyed your submission here, although I agree it needs more. I feel like
an autumn leaf in a windstorm--I've been tossed here and there, and I want
to know where I'll end up. Your wording is poetic and almost lyrical, and
this is an enjoyable read. I'd like a para or two on smell, since I think
you left that out. When I think of babies, I always remember the smell of
them after a bath, all cleaned and freshly powdered. It brings me back to my
own babyhood, and there's nothing else like it in the world. And taste. Is
tequila unique in it's visual appeal? No--it's character lies in its one of
a kind taste. And all pasta looks the same, but have you ever had mushy,
overdone pasta? Versus slightly underdone, el dente pasta? Texture, we live
for texture. Be it the paint on the walls, my driveways blacktop versus my
neighbors (hers is much smoother), and so on.

I have an idea of how I might end it, but I think you should write more, try
to recapture the muse that helped you write what you have, and see, I mean
feel,  where it takes you.Smile.

chris