[stylist] Poetry sample

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Fri Mar 14 19:33:05 UTC 2014

OK

Here's something I cooked up on the spot.

Let me know what you think.

Shawn

Oracle

I sit at my computer seeking the oracle of data
yet it is closed to me, I can not see it's revelations.

Priests of Infotech had meddled with the magic of my mechine
it had worked, the oracle was near.
But this was old, a magic obsolete
So it much be swept away, for only new magic can be used.
The oracle of data is closed to me, hiding its face behind error messages.

What wizard shall I invoke so see the oracle.
What mystic rites of driver manipulation
What mysterious steps I do not understand
I follow the prompts invoking the steps.
Yet the oracle of data is still hidden
behind the clouds of error messages.

I seek a priest of data then to help.
I share my screen, I share control.
He speaks of paths and files,
such things are not my write to know.
Only the priests of can invoke this magic.
Yet the oracle of data is still aloof
hiding its face behind error messages.

And then, revelation! I find it.
This oracle has many names.
By blessed accident I find the truth
stumbling upon truth unknowing.
Praise and thanks to the priests of machines.
I revel in enlightenment data is reveled.
The oracle of data no more hides his face.
I can perform my allotted tasks.