[stylist] poetry

Atty Rose attyrose at cox.net
Thu Mar 20 02:11:38 UTC 2014

I don't read it much. I own Poe, and  Elizabeth Barret Browning, and used to read A. E. Houseman as a kid, but mostly I read  both fiction and non-fiction.

I am reading Animal Vegetable Miracle, right now, very good book by Barbar Kingsolver. I just finished "In The Blood" by Lisa unger, which ai really liked!

I have little patience with books  that have limp undeveloped chars, and there are sooo many of those!

Joy Fielding, Stephen King, April White, Nevada Barr, Clive Barker, Joe Hill, writers whose chars come alive, well, I have to devour them until there are no more!
Fortunately there are plenty to explore.

Imagica, by Clive Barker is one of my very favorite inspirational books. Sometimes if I am reading something I sutddenly find I have to write.

The Stand by Stephen King did that to me. If it is an audio book sometimes certain readers will do it too. And I hear them reading what I am writing as I do it.

I know, I know, what an imagination.

That, my friends, is a good thing.

Atty