[stylist] Apologies for last e-mail attachments

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Mar 24 19:27:17 UTC 2014

Hi all,
As you know, I am learning a new operating system and all new upgrades. I
cannot open attachments in the prescribed way, and I should not have tried
to make three of my own. I checked them, and there are errors. So instead, I
will do a cut and paste.
It also occurred to me that many of you have never seen a daddy longlegs,
and would not be aware of the up and down movement they do when in alert
mode.
I had one more beside the three versions here in free verse, and I cannot
find it.
These were on the ceiling of my forst home in Payson, and unbelievable when
all laced together with
their long legs.
I was experimenting with short Japanese forms.

A haiku

Daddy-longlegs, sprayed.
Plié, relevé, on stilts—
a ballet of death.

Classical Sijo
Jacqueline Williams

1401 N. Woodland Ave.

Payson, AZ 85541
Arachnid Daddies

Your hundreds looked like moving
cloth of lace with centered knots.

I sprayed. Forgive me! Suddenly,
"Ballet of Death" on jointed stilts,

pulsating, plié up, relevé down
on trampoline—stilled!

Classical Sijo  3
Jacqueline Williams

1401 N. Woodland Ave.

Payson, AZ 85541

520-472-7485

A Nest of Daddy Longlegs

Your hundreds looked like swaying
cloth of lace with fat French knots.

I sprayed. Forgive me! Suddenly,
"Ballet of Death" on jointed stilts,

pulsating, relevé, plié, up, down
on trampoline.........stilled!

Hope these make sense to you.
My kid brother specialized in tarantulas. I would pet them on his arm.

Jackie