[stylist] For what it's worth: Poetic prose post

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 02:51:28 UTC 2014

As a former Atheist, Lewis understood that in order to best grasp
Christianity, you need to acknowledge and accept certain facts, one
being the past coupling of pagan and Christian traditions. He also came
from a school of thought, as did Tolkien, that even pagan-like myth can
help explain faith. In fact, without myth, both Lewis and Tolkien didn't
feel you could adequately explain and deal with Christianity. Lewis was
Anglican and Tolkien Catholic, but both believed this track of thinking.

Bridgit