[stylist] Poem - "Archaeology" - First Draft

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 19:33:01 UTC 2014

Bill,

Finally getting to this one, grin.

You do use a lot of abstract imagery, so I understand where others are
coming from with the confusion. To me, this poem can take on many lives.
I read it a couple of times and found more richness each time. This is
not a poem to merely skim through.

I like your juxtaposing of words and images. Maybe your language can be
played with, but I really like how you connect words and images.

Your phrasing and line breaks are really good too. I like how you break
us off after one thought, letting it sink in, then moving on to complete
it. I think your use of line breaks is a strong suit in your poetry.

Another strong suit of yours is your ability to illustrate with words.
Whether we get it or not, your use of descriptive language and
employment of imagery leaves a vivid, colorful, visual impression. I
really visualize your poetry.

Hmmm.. This takes me on a tangent: For those of us who have had sight at
one point in time, writing like this leaves visuals in our head. I'm
wondering how it differs, if at all, for those who have never been able
to see. What sensual impression does it leave? Does this affect our
ability to interpret a certain way? Just curious.

Sorry it took so long, but thanks for sharing.

Bridgit