[stylist] Using Track Changes In MS Word

Homme, James via stylist stylist at nfbnet.org
Wed May 21 14:16:18 UTC 2014

Hi,
I forget if I said this before, so please forgive me if I did. When I turn Track Changes on in Microsoft word, because I'm collaborating with someone to make changes to documents, I have found that NVDA is much easier for me to work with than JAWS is, because right after I make a change with JAWS, the text I just changed seems to disappear. I have to get out of Word and back in again by using ALT+TAB. With NVDA, though, the text does not disappear. Also, NVDA has shorter messages that speak the changes as I read through documents. I can stay right in my document and keep editing. This makes me more efficient.

There is a trade off, though. It takes longer to find my place sometimes with NVDA, because it can't read from cursor to beginning or end of line, read the current sentence, and reliably read by paragraph. For making changes that involve Track  changes, though, I usually read line-by-line, so the short-comings are somewhat off-set.

Thanks.

Jim

Thanks.

Jim

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark, its diversified business, or affiliates.