[stylist] That Look: It's not what you think

April Brown via stylist stylist at nfbnet.org
Sun May 25 11:09:42 UTC 2014

Hi  Bridgit Pollpeter,

    The more I think about the event, the more it disturbs me.

     It's not that I fear going blind.  I don't.  It's the behavior of people I may be with I worry about.

     In some ways, the woman was more than the man.  She choose not to see that she was interrupting the flow of buggys in the store. (I can picture hubby doing that.  He complains when others do it, and yet, he does it too.)

     She choose not to see that others could see her belittling the man, and ordering him around like a naughty toddler.  What had he done?  What had he asked for?  Who knows.

      Like a tortured child, he followed where she led, not knowing life doesn't have to be that way.

       In hubby's far extended family, there is an inlaw of that man's generation who has been blind since birth.  He was raised to believe he could do nothing.  He has no voice (caused by expectation).  Speaks to no one.  Only listens to tv and and rides a stationary bike.  He however, is treated kindly.  He doesn't expect to be spoken to, so he never responds to anyone speaking to him.  Still sad.

      I'm southern, and always called shopping carts buggys.  Never heard them called anything else till I moved north.

April Brown

Writing dramatic adventure novels uncovering the myths we hide behind.

aprilbrownwrite at gmail.com

Website: https://sites.google.com/site/uncoveredmyths/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/UncoveredMyths
Google Plus:  https://plus.google.com/116003267969710767555/posts