[stylist] Poem - "Paper Minds" - Second Draft

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Wed Nov 5 10:48:51 UTC 2014

Early morning poems are always a nice surprise in the mail box.
Nice to find another poem from Bill again this morning!
I like the title of the poem - Paper Minds. In this new poem we can see an
exchange of thoughts passing between the shifts of a man's life as he wrote
poems over the years.
First, as a writer  who can put a pen to sheets of paper, look at his words
as they develop on the page, and feel elated in the process of creation.  As
he writes he gives us a glimpse into the things he creates with his pen (
"of dreaming dogs, of purple suns...").
Next, on reviewing his work, the poet finds that the things he wrote take on
a life of their own, and the written images  become instructors. ("Better
than I, I found they knew their subjects...").  The pen has a livingness and
spawns a poem on the pages.

Some things you may want to change:

  "gladnessof" change  to gladness of
"thesegoddess" change  to these goddess

I stumbled at the phrase "offer wise"

Lynda

"Oh, Sophie!  Whyfore have you eated all de cheeldren?"