[stylist] Poem - "Moon"

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 19:02:23 UTC 2014

Good Saturday, my Fellow Homers:

Here's another poem, if you like.  Wrote it about a month ago or so;
after some followup work, I think it's ready for prime time.  Your
mileage may vary, of course, LOL.

--Bill

*Moon *

I've been here a brain of days,

melting water from the northern pole

with Earth on my shoulder, blue as rhyme.

My home, plasstic module with bed and sonic bath

I yearn for like liquor as the buggy rolls back

through depthless dust to base.It's prison, you know:

others are kept here, too, for crimes

too cproud and damning for our cloud-wrapped womb.

There's Leroy, who ransomed a king; there Sasha,

who bred and bled planets, and Rigel the Fly

who climbed and claimed bridges for Zeus.

We barely abide, we humbled and hurled into

this dark and sun-bright sea.And yet, apart

from the race, we excel, the exiled, sprout friendships

like tendrils hearty, green and gaining on deserts

deep and grey as our faces, our fancies, our falls.

As for me, I'd rather crawl through shards than repent:

I said on Dataplex we're meant

for more than choosing soups and soaps; triumphs beckon,

brilliant-hued and breathless, to each, to all, today

without the yes of Corp;but CEO said no, and so I dream

beneath an unblue sky.One hundred miles south,

a fallen flag stands and waits, anddoes not wave.

--

"Oh, Sophie!  Whyfore have you eated all de cheeldren?"