[stylist] Old Blind Mikes Famous Canoe Challenge!

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Sat Apr 4 14:51:02 UTC 2015

Hey Michael,

This piece needs a lot of editing, but you are a very funny writer, and I'm
sure you could find an audience for this type of story.My primary suggestion
is to break up the humor a bit--give the reader a chance to catch their
breath. Also, a note before or after the story explaining that before you
received proper training in the alternative methods blind people use to lead
successful lives, you were the bumbling idiot portrayed here. It could also
happen within the text--for example, a patron at the store could say "Why
don't you fold your bills differently? That way you could keep better track
of your money." And Blind Mike could react either positively or negatively.
Otherwise, this is too Magoo-like for me, and definitely sends the wrong
message about blindness.

Chris