[stylist] Dealing with frustration memories!

tickpub at juno.com tickpub at juno.com
Thu Apr 16 07:10:37 UTC 2015

Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Hello All Fellow Readers of this Exchange!

A note to Helen Kobek and her recent publication, "Everyday Cruelty". I
have not yet red your book but the title immediately aroused a memory
within me. I hope to get a copy of your book along the way.

The memory that returned to me, even though it not be one of my better
moments, I would still   like to share this cruel moment that came my
way. I cannot find the printed version of this story but I do have it in
an audio versioned. It is in an MP3 file and it deals with a blind
persons frustrations and how that frustration manifested. I just wonder
how many others who are partially sighted or blind come to deal with
their frustrations. I know I had to learn that there are many different
ways to deal with this anxiety. A near blind life is tough enough without
having others take you to task, not knowing all the facts! If there is
anyone out there that would like an MP3 copy which runs about 15 minutes,
let me know and I'll pass my personal experience of years ago unto you.

The most interesting part of this whole matter is that I am not a violent
person. But the lesson in this narrative, is be careful when you start
messing with someone's frustration, no less a blind mans woes!

I don't know if this group allows this type of input but I thought it
might be interesting to someone who has had to deal with confrontations.
I am wondering if any blind skills would have helped me through this
situation. Sometimes, action is better than skills
maybe!

Forgive me if i am out of line here!
Michael
stylist at nfbnet.org

TickPub Thanks You,
All The Best And More,
Regards And Respect From Michael!
Just Click On The Blue Linked Book On The Shelf!