[stylist] do any other writers ever feel like this?

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 00:17:36 UTC 2015

Well I definitely feel that my characters are real, at least to me. The
friends in my head as it were, and I try to tell their stories as best I
can. Often this means waiting for days to weeks until I 'hear' more of what
happens. Recently I thought of a way to  write something that would simplify
the plot, make sense and all that, but  I don't feel that's how it really
happened. So it's be true to the characters and what I feel they say
happened or make it easier for me by tying something more complicated into a
neat  efficient bundle. I opted for the truth as I feel it, not what I
wanted to do. I realize this is not the same as what you're asking, but I
would say to dig deep, and find out if you feel it's what really happened vs
what you want or even what they want as sometimes they don't enjoy harsh
things happening. LOL. But if it's really the way you feel it goes rather
than what is wanted, be  true to that and I really feel the writing goes far
smoother. The few times I"ve gone with what I thought would be nice it got
chinked up later so I just don't do taht. LOL.
I thought I was insane for thinking of characters the way I do, not that
there is anything wrong with that, LOL, until I read my very favorite
author, Diana Wynne Jones, saying the same. LOL. Not all authors feel such,
so it's just the way one receives info I suppose, or creates it.
I won't even plan ahead with people in our RPGS as often I never know what
my character  will do until they do it and I"m writing. I never want to say
a thing can happen then they change it up in the end because I never know.
LOL.
I hope the story works out for you.
Sem