[stylist] believing the unbelievable

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Aug 2 18:47:44 UTC 2015

Debby
Thank you for  some "honest speaking" and common sense  and taking the time
to write his message to the list since it is a topic that was being
"chatted" in many emails.  Your note, here,  is an outpouring of some
tremendous information and I would love to see you turn this into a piece of
literature.  You have covered a lot of ground in this note, and I think you
can use it for transformation purposes in your work.  Why not!  I certainly
understand what you said, and yes, there are both Godly and ungodly
spirits - all great topics for some writing pieces, don't you think?

I fully agree that the Writer's Division list should focus on writing and
talking about writing here, helping each other to grow in our writing, and
providing good information to help us write, publish and excel in our craft.
With you, I say leave the extracurricular chatting to personal emails
between the folks who want to continue their discussions.  I wondered, when
I began to see the recent postings, " does this group have any guidelines to
follow?"  Unfortunate situations can  happen when people really are unaware
of what is acceptable and what is questionable, in a group.  It does not
take long for a person to get "lost at sea" when there are no clearly
defined expectations or boundaries  put into place by a committee for the
group. I think it's hard to determine,right now, if this is a "chat line"
type of group or an actual writing group.

Why  would we be here in a writing group if we don’t  really want to focus
on writing?

I loved hearing about your own journey with God, and how you are living out
your calling through your faith.  We can determine a persons  worldview very
easily when we read their writing, or look at their art work. It is evident,
when we know what to be looking at, and listening to a conversation.  We ARE
our Worldview.  I think we all have a lot to share with each other and can
do that through our writing and expressions of diverse literary works.

Personally,  I can say,
I was transformed and made new through the power of the Holy Spirit when I
met Jesus Christ at age 30 - I am now 72, and some mornings I wake  up
singing in my heart before I open my eyes.  As I walk the dogs early in the
mornings, I am singing as I go, "At the cross, at the cross, where I first
SAW  the LIGHT, and the burden of my heart rolled away...it was there by
faith I received my SIGHT and  NOW I am happy all the day."  As I walk the
three miles, I am singing, and the longer I walk and sing, the more joy
fills my heart and the love I have for everyone I meet is overflowing.  Yes,
I do understand what you are saying.  We see through transformed eyes.

This means, of course,  that it  is the world view window through which I
write, make art, fellowship with others,  and live out my calling in life.
Whatever worldview a person has chosen,  will be the lens  through which
they live out all of their life.    I salute you for being frank and
forthright and honest.  This is the kind of discussion which enables us, as
writers, to discern who our audience is, and who will be our mentors and
supporters throughout our career.  That is the big picture, I see.
Lynda