[stylist] Writing exercise: creative nonfiction- Life Lessons

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 04:14:24 UTC 2015

Vejas,

I think it depends on how you are raised. Say you are a macho guy who thinks
crying is for girls, and then you have a sensitive son who cries at times,
that son would likely not meet the dad's expectations and standards of
"being a man," unless the dad evolves as a person himself. My brother ended
up with addiction problems, and both he and I have struggled with depression
through the years. While psychological problems are not necessarily a
person's fault, the way people behave around one can certainly affect a
person's state of mind who has problems like depression. My parents were
most likely too young to start a family, and by the time they were mature
enough for a family, us kids were already living in disfunction. So, my
point is that it all depends on how you are raised, and how willing parents
are to learning and growing.

Bridgit