[stylist] Jackie's special things prompt

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Mon Aug 3 16:03:43 UTC 2015

I also was a bit of a tomboy. Though there was not much age difference between my siblings and I, my brother and I were the younger set. I played many a game of building roads and tunnels and cities in the dirt and playing for hofffs with the rug city my mother painted for him — though in later childhood I always had to be the farmer because he didn't like me running over the buildings I can not see. LOL! Once, he and I tried to dig a hole to China. Mom was NOT pleased with that endeavor. Between the ages of four and eight my family rented a farmhouse and those are the best years of my childhood as far as home life went. Once we moved to town my siblings ran with their friends and I was too shy to make any. My excuse was why did I need them since I spent more time away from home, three fourths of the way across the state. At school I was the lone girl amongst all the boys for playing sports.
Barbara

Sent from my iPhone