[stylist] writer or write not

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 17:34:38 UTC 2015

In the past, people were asked by board members, or volunteered, to write up
a more formal-like post about a subject or book that could potentially spark
discussion. I recall that I did one about creative nonfiction a few years
ago. We even once played with the idea of book discussions where a book was
assigned, and after a month or so, we would have an online discussion about
it. Perhaps these are ideas that would be writing-related and afford the
list some back-and-forth communication that could be more constructive, and
allow those strictly wanting writing-related threads to have such an outlet.

And for what it's worth, I personally have never had a problem with any
discussion on Stylist, but as I've stated before, it would also be nice to
have more writing-based post and discussions. Creating an entirely separate
listserve seems a bit much in my opinion, so perhaps creating a more formal
and consistent and constructive thread, as I mention above, will help curb
some of the off-topic discussions and give us an outlet for discussing
writing along with learning about one another at the same time without the
need for a separate list.

Bridgit