[stylist] my memoir piece, "Faye"

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Fri Aug 7 00:26:40 UTC 2015

Vejas,
I have finally read your story. I was fascinated, and hypothetically, could
not put it down.
I have been lax at responding to many of your e-mails. I think the reason
why is because I could be your great, great grandmother, and I was not sure
I could give any pertinent comments with such a big age gap between us.
But your memoir took me right back to my years when I  was in high school. I
was so shy and insecure, that if I had to stand in front of a class and read
anything, my hand shook so much that I could not read it.
Like Chris, I suspected that you had a crush on Faye, but did not want to
admit it.
You have clarified that and indicated that you have moved ahead in your
thinking about her.
I also admire your decision not to publish it in its present form, and I
think Bridgit may have given you a way to make it more acceptable. More
fiction, and more creative language.
You demonstrate so many characteristics that are very normal in meeting this
difficult time in life. I remember so much pain, but mixed with some
achievements that provided a platform to move out of it.
You seem to have built a platform under a solid grounding of your feet. Your
continued contributions to the list demonstrate an exciting growth pattern
to all of us.
I remember way back when you described to us your first lesson in water
skiing, or was it water boarding.
Please, just keep on.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.