[stylist] A Parody of Modern Internet Communication

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sat Aug 8 16:01:52 UTC 2015

To all,
I made a remark lately that sometimes, the over-use of lol sometimes
distracted me. I do not text, and have missed much of what is now common
practice in writing. But I could not help having a little fun with it.
Forgive and keep using what pleases you.
A   Parody of Modern Internet Communication

Poopulation* (lol)Control
              *stolen from Helen? Prompt: Microbes and Men

Our body is a host to varied forms.
Bacteria, yeast, viruses hide out-
our navels, toes, and armpits are the norms.(yuck)
I search new remedies to think about.

My shedding skin feeds dust mites in the rug.(gasp)
while pillows breathe in microbes from my nose.(sneeze)
A virus might jump bodies if I hug.(tears)
For cleanliness, I've given up on those.(frown)

Recycled water washes veggies, fruits,
while adding hormones, penicillin too.(apprehension)
Will probiotics working in cahoots
with fecal transplants of another's pooh,(double yuck, fart, oops, sorry)

transform our lives to regularity?(grin)
With worries gone about things that perturb,
like gluten, we could find some parity.(smile)
What's missing we can do with oil and herb.(how)

You say you've tried all that but nothing works?(sob)
You must have secrets that cannot be shared.(frustration)
Just give up all those sweets and fructose perks,(double sob)
the cheese, hot chocolate, spices. You'll be spared.(4 letter word)

In deprivation now, I say, "Who cares!"(lol)

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz