[stylist] sestina stretch

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Aug 9 15:39:25 UTC 2015

Eve and Barbara,
Yes, I make my structure/core before I begin.
I put the number down vertically on the page and then take them away when I
a finished.  The second thing I do is randomly select six words which I will
work with.
I do this intuitively, without thinking about them because I want the words
to take on their own life and not the life I directed. I want them to
surprise me, and maybe that is what will happen when you return to your
poem - you may be surprised by what is there to work with.
I love to write Sestinas, too.  It is like beginning a journey to a
destination that I do not know in advance - I love it. Lynda