[stylist] [Tanka] stretch

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 10 12:33:45 UTC 2015

Sam,
I have always had a keen interest in things Japanese. I have a  large
Japanese Zen meditation garden as the Japanese Buddhist Monks create - it is
beyond peaceful in its minimalism. My art has always recognized the meaning
and power of negative space and the importance of the empty spaces and
silences  in creating meaning  in art and literature.  I am at a time in my
life when I am recognizing "smoke and mirrors" and distractions in my own
work and in my life - and I am eliminating  so much  - searching for essence
in everything I am doing.  In my own work, now, I want less and less to find
completeness. Lynda