[stylist] sharing

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Aug 15 13:57:59 UTC 2015

Debby, that is very sad to me that children would be taught such nonsense.
Of course, it would really set that child up for a myriad of interpersonal
difficulties in the future.  It is unrealistic and insensitive, as well as
dehumanizing. So glad you have remained true to yourself in spite of this
kind of indoctrination. Its good to be able to laugh at ourselves in our
humanity, and to realize we all screw up and we all fail, and we all are ok
anyway!  If you ever have the opportunity to read any of the books by Parker
Palmer, I think you would love his philosophy of teaching - he is an
educator and brings to the world such a human kindness and view of
education.  The kind of education he embraces teaches children they are a
valuable part of the world and they are partners with the teachers in
growing and learning as a group. Teacher and students are partners in
learning. Isn't that wonderful?   Lynda