[stylist] sharing

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 19:32:21 UTC 2015

It is wonderful to think of teachers as partners, not just the
authoritarian voices of our pasts.  Mind you, I am not anti
authority-I believe there is a genuine Authority and that some
people are given that Authority.  But they wear it lightly,
remembering their own humble humanness.  It is amazing when I
find someone who is truly genuinely given that Authority.  A
young priest we had here is one of those people.  He is also wise
beyond his years, kind and compassionate.  Oh yes, he can speak
with firmness when it is needed, (any parent knows that there are
those times when it must be done) but he carries it lightly,
remembering that kindness heals more than harsh words.    Debby