[stylist] sharing

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:02:04 UTC 2015

Hi Debbie,

Getting back to your original point, I understand where you are coming from as a child. I did not go to a blind school, but my father is retired Army, so there is that somewhat strict discipline and perfectionism that I developed early on. I always felt implicitly that I had to be the perfect little soldier, and developed quite a guilty conscience because of it. My perfectionism helps me to be a good scientist, but can certainly get in the way of other areas in my life, such as cooking; I seem to think that my mother’s is way better than anything I could ever do, even if we make the exact same thing. But people tell me experience will help a bit.

Mike, I liked your sun poem. As someone who often writes poetry based on scientific concepts, there were a few lines that stood out to me and that I might explore more in depth in my own work. My favorite though, was “atomic engine in the sky”.

Chelsea