[stylist] Poem - "Frogs" - Finalish Draft

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Aug 17 16:07:13 UTC 2015

Sem,
Thank you so much for reading this poem with such care. I love your
appreciation of the points you remarked on-some of the reasons it has always
been dear to my heart.
I will look forward to your Gothic poem, rhymed or not. And do not be afraid
of rhyming if it seems inherent to the content of your poetry.
Historically, there are so many reasons for rhyming poetry. The simple one
is that they are easier to memorize. Another is that these poems appeal to
children. Also, they force a mind to organize according to a pattern. And on
and on. Even those who do not like rhyming strengthen their poetry by
near-rhyme, slant rhyme, and internal rhyme which Bill is a master of.
Thanks again, and more power to you.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.