[stylist] My first nonrhyming Goth poem,God Is Dead

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Aug 18 21:26:21 UTC 2015

Sem,
I think this is a great poem. I do not think you have to worry about whether
a poem rhymes or does not. You have tackled a big idea, gotten the ball, and
run with it for a touchdown.
It is such an emotionally strong poem that it almost takes the breath away.
I alsothink it qualifies as an ars poetica, though perhaps with no positive
conclusion as how to cope with the tremendously powerful feelings you have
portrayed. Some lines I like:
"They are ungrateful children of The Muses and of The Poetry God."
"At my feet lie the mangled decaying forgotten bodies of long dead poets."
trually, there are no lines I do not like, but a few questions.
Why is your by line not yourself? By Ciaran Corby
"madness and mundane,"would sound better to me as just "mad" and mundane.
"drivel trash art" might benefit from commas separating these words.
"mangled decaying forgotten bodies" is perhaps too many adjectives. I liked
the line, but the experts advise against using more than one or possibly two
adjectives, saying that it weakens the noun.
I would not take the time to do this if I did not think this is a powerful
poem.
I look forward to more from you.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.