[stylist] Looking for ideas on good children's books

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Thu Aug 20 12:11:34 UTC 2015

I remember reading at least one sequal to "A Wrinkle in time"; it was cool, but the original was still the best.

I heard about "The Suck Faery" at a science fiction convention I attended last year.  There was a seminar "I didn't go to" where panelists discussed books they loved as a kid (but when they read them as an adult the suck faery got to them and the books sucked).

Anyway, I finished "The Marian" last night.  The more of a techy you are the more you will like it.  It features lots of life or death problem solving in space sprinkled with quite a bit of dry wit.

Shawn