[stylist] Was Children's books, was Left Behind, Guilty Pleasure reads

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:02:29 UTC 2015

Vejas,

I read the Babysitters Club starting in first grade. I think I outgrew them
around fifth or sixth grade, and I actually re-read a couple of years ago.
As an adult, it didn't really keep my interest. But as a kid, loved them. In
first grade, we could bring books for our teacher to read during story time,
and I brought Babysitters Club, but she wouldn't read it because she said it
was above the reading level of most the students. I was at a high school
reading level by second grade, so for me, I didn't understand. I remember
being so frustrated by this, smile.

You, Vejas, have a great and unique relationship with your parents. Most
kids and teens do not have the kind of relationship you do with your
parents. My parents were not all that understanding, and I told them very
little about my life. They didn't ask much either. And regardless of how
good or bad parents are, most kids keep secrets. I think it's just a coming
of age thing, and most kids think their parents won't understand. Most kids
are not as practical and mature as you, smile.

Bridgit