[stylist] Lucille Clifton's poem Miss Rosie

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Dec 13 19:06:45 UTC 2015

This is absolutely true.  While some of can give you some tips, the work
must come from your own research. You must be able to work independently and
if you need some direction because you are in a murky place with this paper,
then you need to speak with your  professor and get some additional
direction. Here is what I would expect from one of my students who needs
help. I would expect the student to arrive with their research materials in
hand. I would expect to see an outline for the project, and all of the
primary sources they are using. I would expect to see additional research on
this writer, conference papers, etc. All of this you can get through
inter-library loan which is free to you. We would discuss all of that
information, and you should leave the meeting with a strong  knowledge of
exactly where you intend to go with the paper. But, if the student has
nothing except a poem or two, and has done no real work that I can clearly
see, we have nothing more to discuss.  Lynda