[stylist] question about terminology

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 16:21:02 UTC 2015

Hi Vejas,

I agree with Sem, although I have more sympathy for American teachers,
professors and editors. After all, you could theoretically spell any number
of words any number of ways, but when you do, communication breaks down.
That's why we have dictionaries, and teachers teach to a uniform standard.

Using terms like whilst or thou are unusual, but still acceptable. But
substituting an s instead of a z in words like socialize or an s instead of
a c in practice add nothing, and I personally can't see why you would prefer
them except to irritate authority, which I must admit, has it's appeal. But,
I think you better be willing to pay the price for your nonconformity.

Chris