[stylist] Writers and depression

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 00:25:33 UTC 2015

Hi Helen,
I agree with both what you and Bridgit.
There really is a fine line between unhappiness and depression,
and from my perspective as an 18-year-old I think that in teens
it is hard to tell which you are because of these raging
hormones.
For me personally, when I am unhappy about something such as a
class or specific situation and it is resolved/over, I feel much
better, but I think that when it is happening I sometimes feel
the unhappiness much more strongly than others in that situation
might, that may have something to do with creativity.
On a much happier note I have heard that college is so much
better than high school...  I go to a large high school and have
only one good friend from elementary left and although I have
some friends that share my interests, they have their own friends
too.  The school is really big and people who have lots of
friends don't really go and look for these who don't.  One of the
things that I like about my top college choice, though, is that
it is fairly small compared to other colleges, and there are only
about 11-18 students in each class so you are considered more of
an indivinchal.  It is also very community-oriented as well,
something which I think large high schools couldn't do even if
they tried.  (I even wrote a paper for class on how we could make
it so that every student at our school was happy and treated as
an individual there, which is virtually impossible) School can't
really help you with your emotional needs-that job seems to fall
to your family.)
I also think it generally helps to talk it out with someone close
with whom you trust and that after you're a teenager it is much
easier to keep your emotions in check and you don't feel things
so strongly.
Vejas