[stylist] Greetings from a new list member

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:44:28 UTC 2015

Hi everyone. How very exciting to connect with other blind authors! I'm Sem and I write fantasy, horror paranormal with comic elements. My pen name is Ciaran Corby,and I co-write with my husband, also legally blind, and his pen name is Coal Corby. Currently we've just had short stories published in anthologies and there was one on worldcastle publishing. They're honest, as in we got checks in the male for sales, but I don't think they do loads of publicity so you'd have to do a lot of your own.

We also write full books, but are seeking larger  publishers for those. That point brings me to my first question. We're far better at the creative bit than the business end of things. We've sent out tons of  queries to agents and larger publishers but just gotten back form letters that basically say they didn't even look at our synopsis because they're not taking more ETC. Then we get discouraged which does not help the creative flow. So my question is this. Does anyone know where we can look to hire someone to do this that really knows  the business and how and where best to shop us around? We're  more than willing to pay someone who knows what they're doing as we don't, and we'd much rather someone else do it as though there are methods for  learning the skill it's  just like cooking or anything else. It's best done by someone with a real knack for it. LOL. I say do what you do well, and pay someone else to do that which you do not or  do not enjoy.
Sem