[stylist] Poem - "Ode to Coffee" - Final Draft (Maybe)

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 16:54:29 UTC 2015

Jackie,

OMG, love this. For a simple exercise, you wrote a really fantastic poem, in
my opinion.

I took a fundamentals of poetry class at university, and our prof had us do
an exercise where we took nouns and verbs and put them together, creating a
poem of sorts. The nouns and verbs could not be related. It was an exercise
about exploring diction and imagery and how juxtaposing words and ideas can
create vivid images.

For me, it really opened my eyes up to language and how it can convey
meaning and imagery. It helped me to write clearer prose.

Bridgit