[stylist] Poem - "Ode to Coffee" - Final Draft (Maybe)

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sat Jul 11 17:44:40 UTC 2015

Bill,
What a unique way to portray our writing efforts. An otter on a water slide!
It sounds delicious in this Arizona heat.
Lynda recently described her version of the "erasure poem" which did what I
did. Remove what one wants from someone else's creation, and make your own.
Part of this is not to use more than 50% of the original and give full
credit. I wonder, also, if every borrowed word should not be italicized.
At any rate, when I hear a name I spell it phonetically, and that makes me
spell your name Millhouse which I know is not correct. William  L. Houts is
right? My hearing fouls me up often when trying to critique things. I
usually have to spell out many names and words. Your writing is a challenge
in that respect. But your word play makes it worthwhile.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz