[stylist] A fun article on how language has changed in our lifetimes

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 02:45:21 UTC 2015

Donna, this is absolutely wonderful! I remember hearing all of
those words in my childhood, even using some of them.  Now some
words from my youth have been adapted and are used in our
society.  Don't get uptight.  Yes, I still hear that word used
sometimes.  How descriptive of somebody tense and anxious.  I
even heard, the other day someone use the expression: Don't get
bent out of shape".  Wow! Hadn't heard that one for a long time!
Lol.  Remember out of sight? (No, it did not mean blind).  Lol.
I still find myself from time to time saying, "that's far out".
Yup, I date myself, don't I? (Grin).    DEBBY and  Nova