[stylist] Romance and Appeal of faraway Places

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:47:32 UTC 2015

Well, I love the West Coast, because I grew up here, but not
southern California.  It's very expensive to live there, they
have huge issues like not enough water for those pools in the
poolside houses, people having to take 2 minute showers now
because of the drought.  Also it's crowded, and the public
transportation out here isn't as good as on the East Coast.  But
then, I grew up in Oregon and when I was growing up there was
quite a bit of antipathy toward California, still is.  Oregon
used to be a common sense kind of state, but now it is so liberal
(and I'm no tea partier, but ow don't even know the state I grew
up in.

But I love walking in the rain when it's fairly warm, the smell
of the air after a rainfall, the sound of the rain on my roof as
I lay in bed with a book, a cup of coffee nearby.  I love the
sound of the ocean, though wading in it in Oregon is an adventure
in cold.  I grew up with loggers, people who made their living
"in the woods".  Now all of that is changed-there are still
loggers of course, but not as many.  Well, I have to go.  Time to
get ready to catch the bus.     Debby