[stylist] Poem - "Breeze" - Second Draft

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:06:54 UTC 2015

Good Morning, My Droogies,

Here's my secondish or thirdish run at a poem I started on yesterday.
It's a little bit of nothing, really, just an etude or finger exercise,
a little study in rhyme, but for me anyway it has it's satisfactions,
the maihn one being that I was in despair over it yesterday and posted
to the list about that, but now I've got this little piece which I might
take up in the future and see what might be made of it. if anything.

--Bill

---

*Breeze *

The wind winds clever airfoot

through my hair, and laves my face of reddish sweat.

It chills a little, and though I fly me wide

to greet this gust, this guest, I guess

I'll bear his touch with breath as fair as unseen kiss:

that I might meet the wind in wind's own dress

and bear to bed his cares, that he might fly

to seas of hallelujah isles, his mission made

to bless another, maybe darker face

and, his devoirs done, to scud the waves.

--

"Oh, Sophie!  Whyfore have you eated all de cheeldren?"