[stylist] Spiders and snakes and bats....

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:14:17 UTC 2015

I tend to go back to the original roots and meanings before people twisted
things to suit their ends, and sadly this was done in all religions. A prime
example, Christianity aside, is the Egyptian pantheon. Set was a migrated
god of sorts, not native to Egypt in the histories. When people were
conquered or migrated, they brought legends of their gods with them. At
first, Set was and truly is merely a god/guide/being what have you, of
change, and the dessert wind/wind in general. Breaking up stagnation and
embracing change. He is in no way evil, but when later it became useful to
priests to use religious myths to illustrate fears and points and changes
they wished to implement, they made up some  stories that made him out to be
the bad guy and to hold attributes that were never originally his. So then
he became evil, and later confused with Satan, who is a mix of many
benevolent gods from various pantheons with an evil twist. Personally I
believe in evil, as it's just out there, but not in Satan, but again that's
me and I have logical historical connective reasons knowing the hodge podge
that he's made up of. At any rate, it's sad how things can get added to and
twisted and defiled and so few people actually bother to investigate what
they are told.
Sem